National Clearinghouse on
Marital and Date Rape
mirror site: http://members.aol.com/ncmdr
What it involves:
- Responding to requests from published media to write concerning our organization and the issues we deal with. Broadcast media and newspapers are frequent callers - you will receive training for this industry before you know it.
- Calling courts, prosecutors, police, shelters and reporters for information about marital and date rape cases. This is challenging work which often involves getting information out of "uncooperative" people.
- Work to develop important communication and writing skills including persuasion, brevity and a quick and succinct style.
- Opportunities to do investigative reporting.
- Gain valuable contacts for future employment
Our library is an amazing resource -- We are the only subscribers to information regarding all forms of sexual assault from clipping services throughout the country (articles from large and small papers on sexual assault and rapes by spouses, co-inhabitants, dates, police officers, coaches, priests, therapists, etc.) Over 90% of these documents are not accessible anywhere else - not even through microfilm, computer or print indexes. They had to be clipped at the moment or these resources are impossible to track down.
The National Clearinghouse on Marital and Date Rape, a project of the former Womens History Research Center, is an organization of consultants, researchers, speakers, and resources for legal and medical advocates, writers, the media, students, and concerned campus and community people.
Hours: Negotiable between 6 a.m. and 9 p.m, weekdays and weekends.
Salary: All internships are volunteer. Academic credit is often available and internships can be geared to career goals.
|General Internship Information||Law and Criminology Internship|
|Announcement of Internships||Psychology/Counseling Internship|
|Back to NCMDR home page||Internship FAQ|
Please print this page, copy, share and post everywhere!